11 November 2013

i need you, as you say, to stowe your crap


 As you can see from the list on your right, progress is being made. Last night I closed the survey with astonishing 355 responses (which will be a major pain in the arse to analyse):


I also met with my supervisor for the second time, we discussed my literature review and next steps. She approved the review (with some minor corrections) and we set up a time frame for the next bit of the writing to be submitted. I now have until November 22nd to work on methodology [1000 words] and the analysis of the survey [1500 words]. This is probably the worst part, as I hate the theory-banging. But it's not too long, so it shouldn't be that difficult to get through. And once I'm done with it, I'll be half way through the total word count :D


All this means a pretty intense fortnight, as I have to combine the dissertation with my other coursework. What keeps me going is the fact that I'll be done with it soon enough to be able to enjoy my last semester of undergrad without having to deal with the dissertation anymore. It's slightly annoying now, when my flatmate (who has until April to write her thesis) keeps counting the days until the Christmas break and I'm trying to ignore how fast the time flies. But I'll be rewarded later with peace and quiet and her freaking out :)

I'm off to write an essay on death in pop culture (I'm a very pop-cultural creature lately) for one of my classes. Wish me luck!

Until the next time,
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment