25 October 2013

let me sleep


Bad, bad me. Not posting for almost two weeks? What have I been thinking?

Well, mostly I haven't been doing that much. I was working on the Internet survey which I later had to submit to the Ethics Committee which is going to tell me if I can ask the world to do the survey. 

In the meantime I have been trying to do my literature review, which is basically reading a lot about the series, but also about sociology of religion, and taking notes. My set deadline for it (including writing the bit, which is about 2500 words) is next Friday, but I want to send it over for proofreading, so I need to finish it before Monday. Which is not a lot of time considering how much reading I still have left. But hey, I can do it, right?

I've been feeling a bit down lately, it could be stress coming out, it could be the weather (it's very autumn-y outside, and not in a good way. all the grey :(), I don't really know. My sister's been trying to cheer me up over at facebook, my parents are sending me a parcel with stuff from back home, so I'm hoping it'll get better soon. I really can't concentrate on anything feeling like this and I feel guilty for it.

But anyways. The literature review. What's that about? I've looked for anything about Supernatural that would be connected to religion. I had to battle through one particularly shit book, I had to buy some stuff that I wouldn't normally buy (what is it with the prices of even remotely academic books?), I have pdfs upon pdfs of journal articles saved on my computer. A lot of it is only somewhat useful, but that's always something. Hopefully combined together all the sources will be enough to get the work done.

(I'm struggling, I'm sooooo sleepy and it's not even noon yet. The grey is killing me.)

This has been tragically uneventful and uninformative, but that's the way it is. Sorry. Hopefully in a while I will be able to give you something more exciting and useful. Until then,

Peace out.
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment