10 October 2013

post of annoyance #1


Quick advice: before you decide on your research topic, make sure your university can provide you with the books you need. Yes, I am currently composing my literature review and yes, out of many books I could potentially use only one is available in our state-of-the-art library. And only because it's an e-book. I do love my university, but there seems to be no money for any kind of research that would be remotely recent (as opposed to grounded in decades of previous study) in the RS department. Shame on them, I will be huge one day and not thanks to them.

I think I might actually email one of my Sociology lecturers stupidly hoping that she might have some of the books. I can only buy so much myself, especially with the prices of academic textbooks (because everybody knows students are filthy reach, duh).

On a happier note, I believe I finished designing the questionnaire (I sent it to my supervisor and I'm waiting to hear back from her if it's any good). You know, coming up with respectful and inclusive questions is hard. But yeah, hopefully I wasn't too bad at it.

It's about time for me to get some sleep (instead of ranting about books), so peace out.

Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment