4 October 2013

you say goodbye, I say hello

 
Dear Reader,

I am happy to see you, even though I cannot actually see you. That would be creepy and probably a violation of several privacy rights. Whatever the reason you came, I hope you will enjoy your stay and decide to come back in the future.

As you probably deduced from the title, I am indeed a student – 4th year of Religious Studies and Sociology at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland (to be precise). Recently I began the final stage of my journey towards an academic degree – writing a dissertation. I admit, it’s nothing extraordinary – people do it all the time, some even more than once in their lives. So why blog about it?

The answer is just as simple as the task ahead of me: motivation. And tracking my progress. And procrastination, I guess. I want to be able to anticipate consecutive stages of the process with joy, not just nausea. I am trying to make it as interesting for myself as possible. I chose an amazing topic (I will elaborate on that some other time), I have everything planned (with a lot of help from my supervisor, who is just brilliant) and I want it to be exciting for the next ten weeks. After all, I am going to immerse myself in the Fandom (and not just any fandom, the Supernatural Fandom!) and for me personally there is no better place to be.

I hope you will keep me company. Bon voyage!

Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment